Not long ago, I came across the fascinating TED website. I didn't have time to explore it as much as I would like yet, but two talks I had time to watch caught my attention as greatly interesting:

The first one is Yochai Benkler on sharing systems. Benkler has some of the most fascinating ideas and analysis of sharing systems, which I have been greatly interested in from the research perspective. I believe the intersection between the perspective of Benkler's work, P2P and grid computing has still a lot to be digged into.

The other nice talk I had the chance to see was Cameron Sinclair's talk on Architecture for humanity. In a nutshell, he has founded an organization which has been applying the ideas of open source development to design in general and creating lots of innovation for acting in disaster relief and humanitary efforts. A great lesson on the potential of sharing for intellectual work and some very interesting points on designing with the needs of communities in mind.

Both worth watching.

No comments: